Symptoms of dehydration include:
- Little or no urine, or urine that is darker than usual
- Dry mouth
- Sleepiness or fatigue
- Extreme thirst
- Feeling lightheaded or drying
- No tears when crying
Dehydration can become extreme, and you shouldn’t wait until you have symptoms to take action. Be sure to drink one cup of hot water at night and early in the morning as the first thing you place in your digestive system. Drink enough liquid every day and even more when you will be out in the heat.
This is a guide for staying hydrated:
1. Always keep a pre-boiled water bottle with you for during the day.
2. Should you want to drink plain water you can add a teaspoon of honey for flavor that is healthy, too!
3. When you are exercising be sure you feed your skin with a splash of water in a mist and drink plenty of water before, during and after your workout.
4. Start and end your day with a glass of water. Starting your day with water adding 7 drops of lemon also helps get your body going and aids in weight loss.
5. When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. Thirst is frequently confused with hunger. When you are actually experiencing hunger it will not be satisfied by drinking water. Drinking water may also contribute to a healthy weight loss plan, as some research suggests drinking water will make you feel full.
6. You can drink water when you wake up; before each meal; and when you go to bed. Or you can use a tracker like many health apps that are available.
7. When dining out, choose to drink a small glass of water.