The Miracle of the Human Foot
The human foot is a complex biomechanical structure that contains 26 bones, 33 joints and a network of more than 100 muscles, ligaments and tendons. Even Leonardo Da Vinci recognized the intricacies of the foot.
Staying active can make you feel your best and keep you in tip-top shape over the holiday season.
Planning your health and fitness goals NOW can help you stay healthy during the holidays and into the New Year.
Get active with friends and family! it is more fun to exercise with others and is a great way to be motivated...
Schedule physical activities!
Walk during lunch!
Not enough time in your day? walk during your lunch break. Just 30 minutes of exercise can reduce stress, manage weight, build strength and decrease risks of cardiovascular and heart disease.
Planning ahead and marking activities or events on the calendar is great way to get into the habit of physical activity
Consider doing small steps that get your family moving more. This can assist all of you maintain a healthy weight and life style.
Choose a different activity each week for you and your family to do. See when you or they can add to the list. Here are a few:
- Walk Whenever Possible
- Walk instead of drive, whenever you can
- Walk your children to school or when possible walk to work
- Take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator
- Take a family walk after dinner
- Replace a Sunday drive with a Sunday walk
- Go for a half-hour walk instead of watching TV
- Get off the bus a stop early, and walk
- Park farther from the store and walk
- Make a Saturday morning walk a family habit
- Walk briskly in the mall
- Go up hills instead of around them
Move more in Your Home
- Garden or make home repairs just because
- Do yard work.
- Get your children to rake, weed, or plant
- Work around the house.
- have your children do active chores
- Wash the car by hand
- Join an exercise group, and enroll your children in community sports teams or lessons
- Do sit-ups in front of the TV.
- Have a sit-up competition with your kids
- Pace the sidelines at kids' athletic games
- Choose an activity that fits into your daily life/lives
- Use an exercise video if the weather is bad
- Avoid labor-saving devices, such as a remote control or electric mixers
- Play with your kids at least 30 minutes a day
- Dance to music… alone or with your kids or with friends
- Choose activities you enjoy. Ask children or friends what activities they want to do
Explore new physical activities
- Give yourself a gold star with non-food related rewards, such as a family day at the park, lake, or zoo
- Swim alone or with your kids n friends
- Buy a set of hand weights and play a round of Simon Says with your kids—you do it with the weights, they do it without.
Sign up for additional information in regards to your personal fitness program. Re-constructing is
- Beautifying, comes with continual commitment to yourself and active movement.
We're here to keep you as an overall healthy and happy. Thank you for trusting us with your all around care!